It’s nice to sit around the dinner table on Thanksgiving and recount what you’re thankful for over a plate piled high with turkey and mashed potatoes, but it’s safe to say that we can count our blessings every day, because there is always, always, always something to be thankful for.
A few things I’m thankful for:
1. My family, because life wouldn’t be as exciting, fun, or loud without them all.
2. My core group of friends, who’ve been there for so long and don’t seem like they’re ever going to be anywhere else.
3. Opportunity and possibility, and a new year with hopefully more of those two attributes in store.
4. Time to enjoy the little things, to find new things to learn, to stop and marvel.
5. An amazing organization called The World Needs More Love Letters, and the beautiful ladies on that team who shed light into my life every. single. day.
6. And Hannah Brencher, who never stops inspiring me with her creativity, her kind heart, and her friendship.
8. Putting pen to page.
9. My cat, who has been putting a smile on my face since 4th grade.
10. Wool socks.
12. The start of the Christmas season.
13. For having what I have, because it is certainly more than enough.
As you count your blessings during this thankful time of year, remembering to pay them forward, whether it’s through a donation to a beloved charity, taking time to volunteer, or a simple random act of kindness. “A good deed brightens a dark world.”