This Thursday, we’ll gather around the table with intentions of piling our plates high with turkey and cranberry sauce. Our nights will include gobbling down heaping spoonfuls of green bean casserole and sweet potatoes and topping everything off with “just a little more” gravy. We’ll get to the point where we’re way past being full, but we’ll top it off with dessert anyway, because who could resist a slice of pumpkin pie? But most importantly, we’ll count our blessings and and exude gratitude, just like we did last year.
Today I’m thankful for…
- friends who constantly + continually show up.
- family who always makes you laugh + never backs down.
- rainy November days.
- the impending Christmas season + all the traditions that come with it.
- quiet mornings with mugs of coffee.
- books, + the countless adventures they hold.
- an exciting new age to look forward to.
- cuddling with my cat every night.
- hanging out with my mom.
- white chocolate mochas from Starbucks.
- to-do lists.
- oversized sweaters.
- TiVo + Netflix.
- possessing a creative gene.
- the confidence of new possibility + fresh starts.
What are you thankful for?
“We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.”